India represents the most extraordinary possibilities as a market – with over one billion consumers and a huge number of fast growing businesses. Although the rate of growth has recently slowed, India’s economy has expanded by more than 8% per annum for much of the past decade and the forecasts are still strong. At the same time, in the developed world, growth has slowed to a trickle, setting India on a trajectory to overtake the US and become the 2nd largest economy in the world by 2050 (on a PPP adjusted basis). India thus cannot be ignored when formulating a global strategy.
Yet, doing business in India poses unique challenges: 70% of India’s population is spread across over half a million villages and individual incomes are low. There are 22 official languages, political complexities and numerous regulatory and cultural barriers. So, how does an outsider tap the potential of this vast new market? How can a non-Indian business learn the rules of this intricate game?
INSEAD is offering a unique 6-day programme, Market Entry Strategy for India, to help you do just that. With its long experience in Asia, it is the only premier business school with a permanent campus on the continent. INSEAD faculty members have developed a unique research-based perspective on strategy for India and other emerging markets. Only INSEAD can offer a programme of this kind – combining world-class teaching with experiential knowledge gained through a field visit to India.
- Shorten your learning curve – so that your business is operational in India from day one
- Turn your international strategy into your competitive advantage
- See your products and services through the eyes of the Indian consumer
- Gain local knowledge of the Indian business landscape through visits to a wide range of companies
INSEAD Leadership Programme for Senior Indian Executives (ILPSIE)
Singapore | Executive Education
As the last decade has shown, India’s long term growth prospects remain strong. While this rapid growth is a huge opportunity for Indian firms, it also presents many challenges. One key challenge is the relative dearth of skilled general managers who can provide the strong business leadership required to capitalize on growth opportunities.
The INSEAD Leadership Programme for Senior Indian Executives (ILPSIE) aims to address this scarcity of general management skills in fast growing companies. The programme has several learning components: week long immersions at INSEAD’s global campuses and in India, 360°assessments and coaching, in addition to ongoing personal development.
By developing an integrated approach to general management that combines the imagination and panache of entrepreneurs with the strong functional focus of operating managers, ILPSIE will prepare you for senior management roles and provide a timely boost for your career. Over the 12 months of ILPSIE, even as you pursue your current career, we enable you to learn from the best minds in business and from an outstanding peer group, and apply the new knowledge gained.
- Enhance the depth and breadth of fundamental business knowledge. More specifically, an in-depth understanding of individual functional domains as well as the linkages across functional domains that are critical to drive business performance.
- Acquire and improve interpersonal skills such as networking, persuasion & influence, communication, negotiation and coaching skills that are essential for effective business leadership.
- Heightened self-awareness of emotions, personal and business values and blind spots that together lead to development of your own idiosyncratic leadership style and ability to leverage it effectively for business success.